Frequently Asked Questions
Our number one goal is to make you feel comfortable on your bike. We want you to ride safely and utilize progression techniques that allow you to tackle more challenging terrain and features.
Skills covered in a session may include: Braking, shifting & gear selection, cornering, manuals, jumping, drops, looking up the trail, checking out new features before riding them, slow speed balance, switchbacks, dismounts, moving off the trail, moving onto the trail, cone work, drills, feet position, body position, bike/body separation and more.
Coaching sessions take place in the North Lake Tahoe or Reno area. Out of state/area can be arranged for additional travel fees.
I can cater for all levels from new rider to experienced racers looking to improve their race times. Coaching sessions are personalized and are dependent on your riding experience.
Coaching session lengths vary. Our sessions range from two hours to six hours depending on rider choice.
I will be riding alongside or behind you providing instruction. We will also stop, talk & evaluate trail sections.
Bring water, snacks, a spare tube and anything else you would usually take on a ride. I carry a small tool kit but it helps if you have your own. If you need any emergency medication; asthma inhaler, epi-pen etc please carry these with you!
Yes. I can coach you on your eMTB. E-Bikes are more aggressive and weigh more, so timing and response needs to be quick and precise when riding them. I can help you with those skills. Please note that due to trail restrictions, certain trails may be off limits when riding your eMTB.
I am a BICP level 1, 2 and 3 certified mountain bike coach. Level 3 is the highest offered and is particularly difficult to obtain. There are currently around 20 ICP Level 3 Coaches in The World.
I have been professionally coaching for 7 years and riding for over 12. I have logged over 4300 hours of professional coaching.
Yes, our licence number is NV20181813655. We are insured by AdventSure Insurance.
Yes. The safety of you & your children is my #1 concern at all times.
No, we are a mountain bike coaching company & do not offer guided tours. You may ride trails that are new to you, but our primary objective is to improve your bike skills.
Ronnie’s Battleborn Prodigies LLC, 3870 Corvallis Drive, Reno, NV 89511
YES! Mountain biking carries a level of risk to the rider. YOU ASSUME THE RISK while riding. Remember, even when riding with a coach, don’t ride anything you are unsure of without inspecting it first.
Coaching sessions are rain or shine. If the weather is particularly bad we will work with you to reschedule on a date that is mutually agreeable.
We can coach children from age 6 and up. The cutoff age for our “Kids Coaching” products is 12 years old.
- Everyone in your party must sign a waiver. No waiver? No ride!
- Please note that due to the limited availability of sessions, permit and insurance fees, travel arrangements for coaches and expenses to get to a session we require 48hrs notice for all cancellations. Cancellations within 48hrs will be subject to a 50% session fee or you can elect to apply your entire session to another day. We realize that life happens and if you have an issue we will be happy to help you to the best of our ability.
- If you need to make a change to your upcoming booking, please contact us right away.
- In the event of rain or other inclement weather we will reschedule your lesson (season dependent) and/or provide a credit (if prepaid) applicable toward any future lesson.
- We reserve the right to cancel any lesson for any reason we see fit. In the event of such a cancellation, a full refund (if prepaid) will be given to all registered participants.
- Our Coaching Sessions end on time & we leave time at the end to discuss your child’s progress. We ask that you arrive at the designated meeting point on time so we can have the post session discussion & not impact the client following your session.
- For all children not picked up by the end of the session, a charge of $30 for every fifteen (15) minutes after the session end time will be incurred.
- Recurring late pickup may result in cancellation of future sessions.
- After your third late occurrence we reserve the right to cancel all future sessions & terminate our relationship.
- If you are running late, please notify the coach and attempt to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
- When a child is not picked up in emergency situations including, but not limited to: inclement weather or natural disasters, we will follow the above “late pickup” policy starting 45 minutes from when the parent has been informed of the need for children to be picked-up.